With the kids out for an extra week of Christmas break due to the weather, I REALLY needed it this week. Clay still had school and is back into the studying/school routine. Daniel had a 2 hour delayed start on Friday but he was gone for most of the day to school.
So yesterday as we were headed out for our date, Clay told me that one of his classmates would like us to stop by so Clay could adjust him on our way. So I grabbed a small loaf of banana bread the kids had helped me make earlier and we headed to their house. I visited with his wife and kids while Clay worked on Tom.
As we left, Clay showed me that they had given him a gift card for a restaurant in Knoxville. We called and made reservations and headed that way. After our wonderful meal, we handed the waiter the gift card. He came back and told us we still had a balance that was more than enough for another meal!
I am just amazed how many times when I feel like I/we have done more to try to serve someone else, it comes back to bless us so much more than I feel like we have given or sacrificed to serve them. I feel so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment