Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day 40

Well, tomorrow's the big day.  I honestly thought that turning 40 would be tougher.  I've been hoping to write about some of the lessons I've learned but don't seem to make the time yet.  I think I may get a few minutes alone tomorrow while Clay takes the kids shopping after school so I can write then.

Today it seemed like everything I did, I just couldn't find the feeling to do something for someone.  It's been by far the hardest day.  I even drove through the drive through to pay for the person behind me and no one got behind me.  Crazy.

So tonight Clay and I went to a surprise party for a friend who's turning 30 tomorrow.  When the conversation amongst the group I was in, drifted to negative talk about someone, I tried my best to not say anything.  I guess today the best service I could give is to not say anything negative about someone.

And now, I am going to cuddle with Ethan and do myself some service and get to bed on time tonight. :)

No comments: