Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 30

Today everyone's school was cancelled.  Clay did have afternoon class for a few hours.  Because of that and the ice and freezing temperature, we pretty well stayed in except for a quick trip to pick up Amanda's medication with Clay.  So today I found a link for some gluten free recipes that I sent over to a friend here who is gluten free.  She actually learned about a month ago that she has several other allergies as well and has been struggling to find recipes that she can use.  She emailed back to thank me and was excited to use some this week for their menu.

Our furnace hasn't been able to make it over 64 degrees today.  I'm grateful it's working as hard as it can with record lows in the single digits, below zero at times before the wind chill.  I'm so grateful we purchased a small heater when we moved here that has kept us a little warmer today.  So, I'm going to crawl in bed and try to warm up.

No comments: