Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day 28

Today we came home from Pigeon Forge.  I think we'll be going back (hopefully) soon.  It's only an hour and 40 minutes from our house.  :)  Before we left, we took our kids out to get ice cream at the Apple Barn.  We got a huge banana split that most of us shared.

The past few days with our family away have been heaven.  So nice to have a little break with our little family before all the chaos comes back next week.  It's also been a nice reminder for me to find joy in surprising my family by service more.  Too often I think it's easier to find ways to serve others outside of our family than it is to do more for our family.  I know that helping the kids with the chores, doing the laundry, cooking meals, etc, etc, etc is serving my family but it's so nice to go above and beyond what is normal for us and doing a little extra just for them.

No comments: