Wednesday, April 8, 2009

3 weeks down--7 to go

We're almost 1/3 of the way through this first part of separation! YEAH!!!! In our 2 minute phone call Sunday night Clay told me that the army doesn't approve of our marriage certificate from the temple. Funny it's worked everywhere else we've needed it to. So Monday morning I had to run to the vital records office to get an "official" copy of our marriage certificate. So I can officially prove we got married. That only took almost 13 years! I'm so grateful I'm living in Utah right now so I could run over and get that done. Otherwise we would have had to wait for at least a week to get it mailed to us. Tender mercies. :)

So I was able to get that in the mail Monday with part of the letters I have written to him but haven't been able to mail. It feels so nice to have an address so at least he can know what we're up to. As soon as he gets the marriage certificate we will be able to finish the processing stuff and finally have insurance and Christina and I can go get our military ID. YEAH!!!!

I've been looking at airline ticket prices to fly out to go see him for graduation. They have of course almost doubled over the past few days so now I'm crazily thinking about driving it. It would be about the cost of 1 of the tickets so the other 5 of us could travel for free, right? I'll just pull the kids out of school maybe a day earlier and we have some flexibility to get back so we'll see. 35 hours in a car with 5 kids to go see daddy, priceless.

I was able to reserve a cabin on the lake there at Fort Jackson today so I know we have a place to stay (with a kitchen too!) when we're there for graduation. I feel a lot of peace and excitement now that I know we'll be able to spend some time together since he probably won't be able to leave the base at all.

Jonathan's 3rd birthday is tomorrow. I can't believe he's going to be 3 already! He had his well child check today and is 28 lbs. and 36.5 inches tall. Our little guy but he's up to the 12% for weight finally! Unfortunately I think Samantha and he will be in the same size this summer. The doctor also found that he has an ear infection in his right ear. He isn't running a fever and hasn't complained at all! He's quite a trooper! Hopefully the medicine will help him sleep a little better. I had the doctor check Samantha's ears too since she has NOT wanted to sleep the past 2 nights but hers are clear for now. Hopefully she'll get over whatever is bothering her so she (and I) can sleep during the night. Sleep is kind of important when you have 5 kids depending on you.

2 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Glad to know the military is so worried about making sure you guys are really married!

Military ID's...now that brings back some memories. Good luck with everything.

If you drive out with all of the kids you are SO much braver than I am. I drove with 3 children for 4 hours by myself and thought I would have a melt down. But you have would have a "mission" in mind and I am sure the Lord would bless you for your efforts.

Belkycita said...

Wow if you do the driving you are going to the AMAZING mom's hall (if there is one)
We are praying for you, you are doing a lot, the nice thing is that the Lord is helping you out.