Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jonathan's birthday and Easter

I've fallen behind a little again. Oh, well.

Thursday was Jonathan's birthday. He's 3 now! I can't believe it! I still remember when we were rushing out the door to have him. He's the only one of our children who was born in the early morning hours (5:06 am) so he was "officially" 3 before the day really got started. He is so smart! He's growing up too fast. He's really into counting lately so it's kind of funny when I start to give him warnings (we go up to 3). I'll say "One!" and he'll finish--"Two, Three, Four..." When we're out in public, we get lots of smiles. Jonathan is so fun to have in our family. He truly is a "gift from Jehovah" as his name means. He's a mini Clay in almost every sense of the word--he looks so much like his daddy and has his easy going personality too. We love you Jonathan!
Thursday we were getting ready for the weekend when the mailman came at 10:30 am. A tender mercy that we had a substitute mailman who came early. In there we had 2 letters from Clay. One was how to contact the Red Cross in case of an emergency, and the other was a real letter. He was so sweet and drew a picture of Thomas the train for Jonathan and flowers for me. I was so excited that he got permission to wear garments again so they were in the mail 30 minutes later. We were in the process of sending him a package anyway for Easter so I just grabbed a bigger box. The kids and I wrote little letters and pictures for daddy and put them in plastic Easter eggs (he's not allowed to have any candy) for a "sweet" treat.

Thursday afternoon we headed over to Midway, Utah where my parents had a condo for the weekend. We had fun playing at the park, going for walks, having an Easter egg hunt, and playing with Grandma & Grandpa Beck and Jake and Jill. We also went shopping in Park City last night before coming home and Grandma helped get some much needed clothes for the kids. We got back last night and got everyone in bed but no one wanted to sleep for a while--not any of the kids anyway but they finally gave up.

This morning we got up and ready for church. I had us all loaded in the car 10 minutes before church started. As I was pulling out of the garage, I noticed our front lawn was covered with Easter eggs so we quickly unloaded the kids, I grabbed a bag and the kids hurried and had an Easter egg hunt before church. We feel so blessed to live in such a wonderful neighborhood that cares for our children so much! I don't know who our Easter bunny was but I pray they are blessed for it! THANK YOU!We had a wonderful church service today, this makes week number 4, so that makes 6 left. We're almost half way!

No comments: