Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Christmas/spring letter

I didn't have everyone's address so here's a copy of our Christmas/Spring letter I recently mailed.

April 2009
Happy Spring!

I wasn’t able to get a Christmas letter out last year and was shooting for Easter, but I missed that too. We just wanted to send everyone a little update on what’s new in our family.

First, we need to introduce our newest addition for those who don’t know. Samantha Laney was born March 16, 2008--now 13 months old. She decided to show us that even after having four other children, she was going to be different than all the rest. We were so grateful when she finally arrived after an intense but short labor and all was well. She has been full of expressions from the beginning and is by far the easiest baby ever--and I thought all of our other babies were good. She’s full of smiles and hugs and enjoying the freedom of moving around in a home with much exploring to be done.

Jonathan is now 3. He’s still very much a mini Clay. He has such an easy going personality and so smart. Jonathan has been busy learning his ABCs with much enthusiasm!

Amanda is 5 and been going to preschool this year, which she really enjoys. She makes friends instantly whenever we are out which scares her mother sometimes. She is such a great big sister to her younger siblings and can’t wait to go to Kindergarten in the fall.

Daniel will be 8 this summer and in 2nd grade. He is doing very well in school--he has a wonderful teacher this year which all are grateful for. He loves to read and doing math. He started piano lessons after Christmas and is doing very well.

Christina will be 12 this summer and in 6th grade--junior high next year (I’m not sure I’m ready for this). She has been such a great help with the changes in our family. Christina began piano lessons last fall and is in her 2nd year of flute. She participated in an honors band this spring and seems to have very natural music abilities.

Markell is enjoying being at home again. She went to work part time about a month after Samantha was born as a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor for WIC. It was a great experience and nice to be able to promote breastfeeding, but I’m grateful to be home with my kids again. I’m busy trying to hold down the fort while Clay is gone and working on my repairing skills. J

Clay is currently away from our family with the biggest change in our lives. After much prayer and fasting, Clay joined the army and left for basic training at Fort Jackson, SC on March 18th. He’ll be gone for 10 weeks for basic training. The kids and I will be flying out to see him briefly for graduation before he goes to Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio, TX for advanced training which will last 16 weeks. We’re very proud of him and the work he is doing. After advanced training, we are planning on moving to wherever the Lord/army send us so we can be together as a family again.

We are very grateful to all our friends and family support during this time. We especially are grateful for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and for the knowledge we have that we can be together as a family.

Love, The Stafford Family

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Very nice. I love getting family updates!

Belkycita said...

I love it!!
I can't get over the fact that Christina is 12, I just remember this cute little girl that was kind of shy when I talked to her. (it must have been my English)