Saturday, May 23, 2009

The edging is done!

Last Saturday (May 16th) wasn't the best of days. I really was crazy to attempt this (now that I think about it), but I needed to get it done. We started to put the edging in a few weeks ago. Well, I finally was able to go get some more. Last Saturday was the day to get it in. It really shouldn't have been such a big deal but with kids running all over the place, it takes a lot longer and was a much bigger job than I anticipated. Just when I was feeling completely overwhelmed, I got a phone call from a wonderful friend. Her husband, our home teacher, was working in the yard and told her to come call me to see how we're doing. I broke down, and told her of my weakness. What a blessing to have a home teacher who is willing to listen to the spirit. This may seem like a small thing, but it's those small things that really make a big difference in people's lives. I hope I can listen and respond to the spirit more often.
Jake had also called and came up with Jill. They helped so much to finish the job. And we're all still alive. Shortly after we finished, my home teacher and his wife and kids came over. He looked at the sprinkler system which I need to get fixed, and she took the kids to the park for a bit. Just after they left, Clay called. I was able to get 5 minutes with no distractions or kids in the background. Every time we can talk is so much needed right now. That's definitely the hardest part of being separated--the very little communication. I then was able to go to the grocery store by myself--what a treat!

1 comment:

Chris 'n Leah said...

It all looks wonderful. One thing I have noticed in your posts since Clay has been away is the frequency that you have had experiences with the spirit. It seems like these experiences have come often, what a blessing during this hard time!