Well, after almost 2 weeks of chaos, the girl's room is starting to come back together. I am so grateful for the help I've gotten--especially from a wonderful man in the ward who has come over to help me get the wall back up. I don't even know how much time he's spent here and helping. The last coat of mud went on today and he got the baseboards up again. I've been filling holes today and getting it ready for priming and paint--hopefully tomorrow. We'll keep our fingers crossed. Then I can get the carpet cleaned and get the new (to us) bunk beds put and and have everyone sleeping in their own rooms again. I'm very glad that it's given me the motivation to dejunk, big time!
We have 22 days until we're on a plane headed out to see Clay's family. I can't wait until we can see each other again! I got another letter from him today--HAPPY DAY!!!! One of the hardest things about being separated is the lack of ability to communicate. I usually get one letter a week. I am really hoping for a call on Sunday but we'll see. He's company has a lot of people who keep sending them back to red phase (lots of restrictions--i.e. no phone calls). We're hoping AIT should be better.
So I'm looking for some advice, again. Any of you who have flown with kids--I'm curious of any tricks of flying with kids. I've been getting little things for them to do on the plane and stashing them in the "airplane backpack" so we'll have some new surprises. Anything you've done that works well?
3 comments:
I've never flown with children, but I can empathise with the letters. Heath and I dated prior to his mission. I lived for his letters, and was so excited when I got one. A letter from a boyfriend vs. a letter from a husband isn't much of a comparison, but my heart is with you. Soon you will be together again!
To be honest, traveling with Noah was a nightmare. Lots and lots of snacks! What worked for him probably wouldn't work for your older kids. Other people on the plane were really nice and helped me out a lot especially the flight attendants. One guy even helped me carry all my stuff off and set my stroller up for me! If you have a portable DVD player that might work too. Good luck!
Oh traveling with kids!!!
My tips,
Make a backpack for everyone that will care to have their own.
For Elena I went to the dollar store and picked a little notebook, a pen, stickers. Put in snacks that she doesn't usually have or some that she has never had, a sippy cup and a choice of 3 movies and her DVD player. Oh headphones too.
I let her see it the night before so she gets excited and then she gets to carry her own the whole time and she can get whatever she wants out of it. I would get the movie last or close to a nap time.
I ask Elena to draw a picture for the captain that she hands to him at the end of the trip. If you go early enough to the gate, they might let the captain take the kids up front for a tour.
Do you know that some airlines and airports can be called ahead of time and you can get help with bags and security and other things, I don't think it will hurt to call.
Good luck!
Post a Comment