Thursday, September 9, 2010

1st Day of School

August 23 was the first day of school this year. School starts really early here (7:30 am) but it isn't too bad the first week or so because they're so anxious to go to school.

Jonathan is going to pre-K in Ms. Littlejohn's class.Daniel is in 4th grade in Ms. Luevano's class.
Amanda's in Mrs. Griffith's class, 1st grade.
And our last year of junior high--Christina in 8th grade.
Here they are, ready to head off for the first day.
Jonathan had a Dr. appointment that morning so he didn't get to go with everyone else right off. We took him in since he has gained over 15 pounds in the 10 months we've been here. I guess everything really is bigger in Texas. The Dr. doesn't want to do tests yet since his height is going up quickly too but we'll go back in a few months to have it evaluated again. He's is almost exactly the same size, weight as Amanda. They wear the same size shoes and clothes now that I've even had someone ask me if they were twins. Yes, two years apart.

So after the doctor appointment, we headed over to the school. At least it made it less crowded for pictures for his first day of school ever.
Just the sun was in the way.

I wasn't planning on sending him to school yet but after Ethan was born, I realized that he needed to go to school. He wanted to go and I really need to spend more time with Samantha to help her with her speech.
Off to another adventure, only 2 at home during the day!

No comments: