Clay's mom flew in on Saturday for the blessing. We had a nice day and let the kids play with cousins in the water and then all the adults went out to lunch while the kids watched a movie/took naps.
Here's Ethan taking his bath Saturday night in preparation for his blessing.Sunday morning we got up and had all 14 of us get ready for 9 am church. This picture is a bit blurry but it's one of my favorite. Samantha loves talking to Ethan. Here he is in the blessing outfit I made for him. Dad and Ethan before church. It was a beautiful blessing. We were so blessed to have our friends, Reed and Donna Carr come up to join us from San Antonio. They're the missionaries I stayed with a few times when I came to visit Clay during training. We're very blessed to have them in our lives.
Ethan's blessing was amazing. The part I remember the most was about how there are people that he will meet and bring into the gospel on his foreign speaking mission. He's going to be a great missionary. We're so blessed to have him in our family. He was also counseled to remember his ancestors and look to their example of faith and courage.
After church we attempted to get some pictures. Here's our best attempt at a picture of the kids. And a family picture. Hopefully some day we can get some better ones. Our family with Clay's mom. By this point, the kids were pretty done so I didn't get the one I wanted with our family and both sets of grandparents. Oh well. Here's all the family that came to be with us. I have to admit that every time I look at this picture I get amazed at how well it turned out. That many people actually all looking at a camera and not too many funny faces. Ethan and I. Me, Ethan, my sister Kimberly, and my mom This one cracks me up. I love everything going on in the background but we still smile through it all. Kimberly and I. Brother Carr, Clay, Me, Ethan, and Sister Carr.
1 comment:
Leah
said...
You have a beautiful family!!
The blessings of the gospel radiate in your lives. I am so glad to know you :)
1 comment:
You have a beautiful family!!
The blessings of the gospel radiate in your lives. I am so glad to know you :)
Post a Comment