Friday, September 10, 2010

First two days of school

After I dropped off Jonathan at his class, we went to the front door of the school to leave. Samantha insisted in wearing a backpack like all the other kids. We headed out the front door and I noticed Samantha stopped. I walked a few steps and noticed she wasn't coming so I turned around to see her standing by the front door. When she saw she had my attention, she waved at me and said "Bye!"

Oh Baby Girl, I'm not ready to leave you at school yet.

We went home and I had some time to start with the "organization after summer" project. I got a start but didn't make it too far as I forgot what a blessing older children are in entertaining younger siblings. I had laid Ethan on one side of the room and figured Samantha would help me clean on the other side. She kept sneaking around the other side and I luckily caught her as she undid Ethan's outfit and diaper. She thought this was great fun to do over and over again. Luckily I caught her every time before she had any surprises. We got a good bit done still and then headed over to help a friend who was moving to finish cleaning her house while Samantha got to play at a friend's house for a bit.

Example of the fencing pose--Tuesday was spent with visiting teaching appointments. It's nice to get out to meet our 4 new sisters but it was an all day event and the kids were great troopers.

5 weeks already. He is growing up way too quickly.

No comments: