We had Jonathan's MRI done last week. I had talked to him about his "space ride" and he did great with that concept. He knew he couldn't eat that morning because it might make his stomach upset during "take off." I felt very inspired by using this analogy with him when the gown he changed into had space ships and astronauts on it. It worked very well for him.
He luckily was able to be sedated with oral medication but he really fought it. We tried just watching a movie like I did when Amanda had to be sedated to get her tongue clipped. That didn't work so well for him. He really fought it. I finally passed the baby to Clay (thank goodness he was there) and held Jonathan and sang to him. I lost it for a bit. It was hard to watch him struggle like that.
He did great during the MRI they said. Clay got to be in there with him. He started to come out of it pretty quick after. He was fairly disappointed he slept through his "space ride."
The doctor called back that day. They were able to rule out most of what the doctor was concerned about. His issues may be a viral meningitis or migraines. We've been referred out to a pediatric neurologist to look at him and see what he thinks. I'm just grateful that at this point it doesn't look life threatening and anxious to see what advice the specialist has.
1 comment:
I am so glad that the big scary things are ruled out. I am still anxious for you to get to the bottom of it.
Hang in there.
Post a Comment