Sunday, September 26, 2010

Labor Day Weekend--Part 1

We decided to bless Ethan on Labor Day weekend so we were lucky enough to have some family be able to visit. My parents picked up my sister Kimberly and her two kids, who live in Denver, on their way to visit. It's been almost a year since we've seen them and it was really good to catch up with everyone. They arrived on Friday morning.

The cousins all had so much fun. Here's Jonathan and Charlie.
That night we headed back out to Belton Lake and had a picnic. Charlie and Daniel (with Clay and Grandpa's help) fixed dinner (cub scout achievements!) while the other kids went exploring and playing. Jonathan came back with war paint.
We found the perfect spot and it was so relaxing for all of us.

Daniel, Grandma Beck, Kimberly, Barbra, and Christina.
The cousins who were here--Ethan, Christina, Barbra, Charlie, Daniel, Jonathan, Samantha, and Amanda.
Grandpa & Grandma Beck with more than half of the grand kids. We have 6 of the current 12. I found out just before this weekend that my youngest sister is expecting her first next March. We're so happy for her as this is truly a miracle baby.
After dinner, we headed over to the paddle boats. I could go this time and my dad stayed with Ethan. Clay and Jonathan were in the back of our boat with Daniel, Samantha, and I in the front. I didn't get a picture of the other boat but we all had a blast! Some of us got much wetter than others. :)
After this it was time to head home but Ethan decided he needed mom before we drove home so Clay took Grandpa and the younger kids and headed back. Kimberly, Barbra, Christina, my mom and I got to sit and watch the sunset while I fed Ethan. It was so relaxing and peaceful. When we got home, I was surprised with Clay and my dad had assembled our new, much stabler dining table. The first we've purchased in our married life and I love it! It's nice to have a good, large sturdy table for our family. Now I'm going to recover the chairs we have to make them look better.

No comments: