This Memorial Day has been unlike any before. Even though Clay has been gone before (2 years ago during Basic Training).
I honestly wished we could just skip the day and get this week over with.
Real patriotic, right?
I guess now I just see things from a much different perspective. It's makes me think about both of my grandfathers, great grandfather, uncles, and now my husband who have served or are serving in the military. It also makes me think about all the women and children who were left behind while they were gone. This is the part that stinks.
Anyway, I had the kids help me go through some outgrown clothes. We went through and reorganized all of the boxes of boys clothes. Amanda was ready for me to move on to the girls clothes but it takes quite a bit of time to do so with so many "helpers." Summer will be interesting.
We also went out (with the kids in swimming suits) and cleaned off the back patio, or rather Christina and I cleaned while the others had a water fight.
It's the end of the school year, so we get all kinds of "goodies" coming home in the backpacks. Like this one.....
Two more mornings to go.........

1 comment:
and then school will be over?
Post a Comment