Christina spent a week trying out the marching band at the school that we want to get her transferred to. That meant that as soon as she got off the bus at 4, we would all load up, drop her off at the high school, and then go hang out at the park until it was time for her to be done. I'm glad she had the experience but it made dinner time rather crazy, mostly eating out which I'm not a big fan of doing that too often. I actually think I made it 5 dinners in a row I didn't fix. I don't think that's ever happened before (even after having kids) when we've been at home. It really made me understand how much I enjoy being able to stay home and fix dinner for our family most of the time, as hard as that it at times.
At a recent meeting for Clay's unit, I found out about a spouse's retreat for those who are deployed. So I jumped at the chance. It meant pulling the kids out of school for 2 days (May 19-20) but it was such a nice break. We went down to San Antonio and stayed on the River walk. Lots of fun and it was so nice to be able to talk to other wives of those who are over there. It was a Regimental based retreat so their husbands don't work directly with Clay but they share similar experiences, nonetheless.
Waiting for the boat....
The kids on the boat.
Ethan, me, Jonathan, and Amanda. They put us in a room with 2 queen beds. We got a portable crib for Ethan and a rollaway bed for the little girls.
After so much fun and playing with the other kids all day, they were exhausted. I have to admit that trying to get them to all go to sleep in 1 room gets a little frustrating at times but they actually go to bed pretty quick once they get all the chatting out.
Nothing better than 6 sleeping children while I chatted online with Daddy.
Samantha and Amanda.
Ethan and Christina before he got bumped to the crib so I could have a spot.
Daniel and Jonathan.
It was so nice to get away. The kids missed their field day at school but they didn't mind.
We stopped to see my aunt and uncle again on the way home for a quick visit. Nice to have some family somewhat close. I even made it to the fabric store to buy some material for something I'm making but can't say too much about it now (surprise for Clay). The kids all know (or so I thought) what I am doing.
When I said something to Jonathan about it, he asked why I was making this particular item for Daddy (meaning for Daddy to wear). I had to laugh. Guess I need to work on my communication skills some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment