Here we go playing catch up again.
So Ethan's surgery went well. For those who didn't catch on, the doctors that did his circumcision after birth messed up. Pretty bad. I kept telling the doctors that it wasn't right but it took me several visits to convince them to refer us out to a urologist. So he had "reconstruction" surgery done to remove all the excess skin so he won't have problems when we try to potty train or later in life. I'm glad it's done. Just wish it would have been done right the first time.
So the week after his surgery, we headed down to San Antonio for Time Out for Women. They also held a Time Out for Girls. It was a crazy weekend but it was fun. My aunt who we stayed with ended up at the hospital the day before we got there and was released shortly before we arrived. She was able to make it with us on Saturday which was nice. My uncle and cousin watched the middle 4 kids so we could go. I am so grateful they were able to watch them for us. The kids had a ball!!! Daniel and Amanda got to sleep outside in a tent and they had so much fun running and playing with my cousin and uncle. They loved their time which makes momma happy.
Saturday morning we were ushered to some seats on the far side of the room. As I was sitting down, I swear I heard someone call my name. Since my name isn't that common, I began to look around to find a friend from our days in Iowa sitting just a couple rows behind us. It was fun to get to see her and her daughter.
We went and ate lunch together outside. Ethan loved the birds.
Momma got a little nervous I was going to have to fight them off of my baby.
Jess, Christina, Me, and Marcy Jackson (friends from Iowa)
Ethan waiting patiently for his turn with the camera.
My mom, Christina, Ethan, Me, and Aunt Coleen
There were some great talks. I really like what Sheri Dew said Friday night about our lives not being "ideal". She said "So, what?" I love it. I think that's my new motto. So what if life isn't what I had planned. So what if things don't go how I want them too. So what....Does it really matter in the eternal scheme of things?
Christina and I.
I am so glad we were able to spend time together getting recharged and uplifted. I know she really enjoyed the break too.

1 comment:
That is so awesome that you got to visit with Marcy. Icing on the cake of spending one on one time with Christina!
Post a Comment