My mom showed up when she flew in with a Yudu. Ever heard of it?
I hadn't.
It's a home screen printing machine.
Well, she was anxious to have me show her how to use it and how to use the cricut. (I'm still figuring it out). So Monday, May 2, we spent the day figuring it out.
I made the oldest 5 some pretty cool shirts. Here's the design I did for the older boys.
I'm still figuring it out. But it should be fun. I also learned how to cut vinyl with the cricut. Watch out world. When I get time, I'm going to be all crafty.
Tuesday, May 3rd, we got the kids off to school, said hi to Clay and then out the door to drive Mom to the airport. Got back, stayed up that night and helped put Christina's science project board together. It was nice to have the Cricut and contact paper to make it go much faster and look great. (We got a 100% on it. :) )
Then back to the regular crazyness. Or so I thought.
Wednesday I fixed a friend's dress for their ball on Thursday. They're living in a camper at the moment so they came over and got ready for the ball here on Thursday and I watched their little guy (he's 3 weeks younger than Ethan) while they went out. When I went to bed that night, I felt fine. No sore throat, nothing.
Friday, I woke up and could barely drag myself out of bed. I couldn't even argue with Christina when she offered to stay home from school. We had prayers, the middle 3 got dressed and headed to school to eat breakfast there (NEVER happened before and after the kids told me what they got for breakfast, probably won't happen again). Yep, I'm a crazy mom who likes to fix their kids a good breakfast before they head out to school.
I slept most of Friday. Saturday, I got up, showered, took a nap, and then decided to take myself to the doctor. I didn't dare drive on Friday and went VERY slowly on Saturday. As I was getting ready to leave, I had the thought to take Daniel with me. As we were driving there, he told me he had a sore throat for a few days but didn't want to tell me. So we both were seen.
Both positive for strep.
And the doctor had fun criticizing me for things she could see I needed to do. I know what I need to do. They just weren't getting done right now because I'm kind of sick. I probably shouldn't have driven here myself. My husband's deployed. I have 6 kids. And occasionally a little stressed. Oh, well.
I got the medication and went home and crashed. Hard. Again. Poor Christina. Sunday we were in isolation and stayed home. Great Mother's Day. Some of the kids were a little more excited than they should have been to stay home from church.
Sunday night, Christina orchestrated all the kids in helping her fix dinner for me for Mother's Day. I was glad I could finally eat something again. That night she told me that she didn't know how I did it, fixing all these meals. She was exhausted from doing it for a couple of days. Nice to feel appreciated in some way.
I am so grateful that I had squeezed in grocery shopping earlier in the week instead of leaving it for Friday/Saturday like I often do. I am grateful that I was prompted to buy some convenience foods that I haven't bought in years so my kids ate a little more than they would have otherwise. Grateful I bought extra bread so they could make a lot of peanut butter sandwiches.
We all survived. I guess my body had to stop me in my tracks to get me caught up on sleep. Not the preferred method.

No comments:
Post a Comment