Well I'm running about a month late but I need some help with birthday party ideas for Christina. I've got Daniel's in the works, got the invites out tonight for his party on Saturday.
The problem is Christina's. She really wants to have a sleepover but I just don't think I can do that. I have to admit one of the hardest things is dinner/meal time at our house right now that I don't think adding more giggling girls to that mix for 2 meals is a good idea. I just feel like I want to be able to have fun with her but I also need to be with the other kids to keep them out of her way. She gets frustrated that they want to play with her still when her friends come over and often get more wound up.
So please, help! I need ideas and throw a party together for next week sometime. Thanks!
3 comments:
When I want to have a birthday party but I don't have a lot of time or energy, I have it at the Burger King play land. That way, I don't have to decorate or clean up very much or clean/prepare my home or fix the food myself. Kid meals are relativly inexpensive and the kids occupy themselves in the playland. And I always bring cupcakes so I don't have to cut a cake etc. It's my favorite party to have!
Good luck!
Did you mention she was turning 12? I don't know her so I can't give specific ideas. But you could have the party start before or after a meal time so that you don't have to deal with feeding your family plus running a party at the same time. Go ahead and have treats and munchies. You could do a low-key glamour party with 5-10 different colored fingernail/nail polishes from the Dollar store and they could sit around the table and paint nails and eat snacks or in a bedroom. You could also give them the digital camera or even camcorder to take pictures of themselves in poses outside or make up short movies/commercials and then sit down in front of the tv and either watch the movies they made or a auto slide show of the glamour shots they took. I wish I knew your daughter and what type of party she'd like--glamour or more active. Good luck.
I wish I had good ideas, but I think all mine are more suited for little kids. What about games and relays in the backyard or at a park?
When it's outside, it feels less stressful to me. Good luck!
Post a Comment