I was going through some pictures today and realized I hadn't blogged about going bowling with my kids. This was part of the Jensen family reunion (my mother's brothers and sisters). I hate to admit this but there are many things we don't do regularly or even not so regularly as a family, mostly because of the cost. I guess I'm too much like my parents in this regard. I have a hard time sometimes spending money on more than the necessities of life when money is so scarce. I need to learn that we can do things like this, in fact we need to every so often just so our kids have more experiences.
So this was our first experience bowling as a family (minus dad). I really don't like having new family experiences without the entire family but I also know that I need to keep moving forward, even when our family experience isn't the way I would like it to be.
Here I am bowling, thanks to my photographer, Christina. Don't look too close at the form. I haven't been bowling in about 14 years I think. Sad, I know. I actually took a bowling class at BYU and actually could bowl somewhat descent, although nothing like my Grandpa Jensen. I bowled the lowest for my age bracket (too bad this isn't golf) and got a great bomb award for it. I wish I could blame my emotions/hormones on this day but that's not entirely true. Jonathan bowling. Amanda thought this was wonderful. Bowling with cousins and other family members in the background. Christina bowling. She's been a couple of times with the school so she did really well. In fact she won the highest score for her age group. Not a talent apparently from her mother.Christina helping Jonathan. I didn't even know they made things like this for kids. I thought bumpers were the extent of help for kids. Who knew?Daniel taking his turn.It was a lot of fun for the kids. I definately need more practice. My kids just got a Wii for their birthdays thanks to grandma so I guess I better practice with that after the kids are in bed so I can do better next time.
1 comment:
Those are the memories your kids will treasure especially when they can reread about them in the blog.
Post a Comment