Monday, June 29th was Christina's 12th birthday. I can't believe we almost have a teenager. I need to do my birthday posts for the kids when I get back.
Tuesday was my older sister's birthday. She's been out visiting with her 2 kids from Colorado and really wanted to do Timpanogas Caves. So on the hottest day of the year, 2 crazy sisters and their 7 (combined) children set out for a little walk in the afternoon.
Here's the kids who did the walking.

The kids and I before the hike.

We hiked all the way up, went through the cave (some of us faster than others), and back down in 4 hours. Not too bad with all the kids, right? They say it usually takes 3 hours.
A picture a long the way.

I carried Samantha with the wrap the entire time. Jonathan walked almost the entire way. I carried him for a bit and Christina did as well on the way back down but he did amazingly well. I was glad I had started lifting weights a little and lost some of the weight, ready to lose some more.

Just before the caves, they have an outhouse. We all stopped to use the facilities but I guess Amanda either didn't or didn't go all the way. So in the first room in the cave, she says she has to go potty. Great. I try to stall her but we didn't make it far. The tour guide let us go on ahead by ourselves to go out. I took Jonathan with me as well because he was scared of being in the caves. So the four of us left the others with the tour guide and walked as quickly as you can on wet paths and with 3 little kids through the caves. I have to admit it seemed much bigger when I did it as a kid. We met another guide and his group along the way who mentioned that they sometimes have potty bags but there weren't any where he thought they should be. So we continued on in front of that tour group.
I did find a potty bag latter and tried to get her to use it. It would have been a little easier with boys and not having a baby on my front, but we made it do and we both got wet. When the other tour group came, we were able to hear the last part of the tour with them. The tour guide was amazing and held on to Jonathan's hand the rest of the way out.
I took pictures but my camera is packed. I'm off to see Clay for the weekend and get a little break. Thanks to my family who are helping with the older 4 kids. So if you see any strange cars at our house that's why. It will be interesting to only have 1 again. I get to see him tonight when we get in and have dinner together. YEAH!!!! He gets Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off for us to spend our days together (he has to go back at night). The missionary couple there have been so generous to let Samantha and I stay in their home. Hopefully we'll have some fun together and I'll update when I get back. See ya!
2 comments:
I'm so so glad you get to go visit. What an ordeal the Timpanogas Caves turned out to be =)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTINA!!!!
Markell I am so glad you get to go and visit Clay! have a wonderful time you deserve it :-)
Post a Comment