I really wanted to be a little more consistent with this but I guess I'll do what I can.
Last Monday (July 20th) I took the kids to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. What a great opportunity to do 2 in a year! I forgot the memory card for the camera though, ugh! It was great to see the kids helping each other to make it up all the stairs. We had a good discussion when we got home about changes we needed to make to help our home feel more like how they felt in the temple.
That afternoon, one of the great guys in the ward came over and cut a big hole in the front hallway. Last Saturday night while the girl's were taking a shower, I went down to put things in the laundry/bathroom downstairs which is directly under the main bathroom upstairs. I heard a drip, took off the access panel above the sink and found there was a drip coming from the upstairs tub. I couldn't really deal with it until after church last Sunday. I went and did some testing and found that it didn't leak unless the shower was going.
After we got the hole cut in the hall, we found that it was dripping from up at the top where the shower comes out of the wall. It took a couple of days but we got it fixed. It just needed to be wrapped really well with the teflon tape and tightened up well. It's not leaking so hopefully I can get the hole patched this week. One little boy (I won't mention any names) very quickly discovered that if you put things in the hole, they come out downstairs. He didn't catch on that mom could tell who it was by the white marks on his shirt from the drywall. Unfortunately, the hallway was too wide for the baby gate. Just a few more days.
We're also having fun with the roof. The gutter was falling off and everyone who has looked at it says that it's pretty bad. I finally had to ask for help when Christina got after me for climbing up on the roof to look at it. I guess she's right. Things could get very interesting if I fell. We're probably going to have to replace the roof. Oh the fun keeps going. Friday when I gave in and ran the sprinkler system during the day for the kids to play in, we discovered we have a leak under the ground in one part too. I haven't started digging yet. Hopefully this week I can get that fixed. I'm really learning some new skills these days.
Yesterday was Clay's birthday. It was hard not to be there to celebrate with him. He did go with a guy who he found who also doesn't drink to see a movie yesterday downtown. Wish I could have been there too. I was really hoping to get there for this weekend but I can't leave with the house problems. We went up to a family reunion last night for a few hours but had a hard time being able to coordinate times to talk yesterday until really late last night (he can stay up later on the weekends now). I also was able to finally get the last of the wallpaper out of the house yesterday. YEAH!!!! Now just to finishing preping and painting the room (and now repainting the hallway too). The fun goes on. 2 months to go!
Thursday we had Christina's birthday party. I'll do a separate post about that hopefully later.
1 comment:
I can't believe another house issue--I'm sorry!
Post a Comment