Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Camping

The kids have been begging to go camping this summer so I finally got up the courage to do it.

Last weekend we went to the ward campout in Fountain Green, Utah. It's about a 2 hour drive. We left after the kids got home from school and made it down there in time for dinner. We stopped by to visit Grandma Jensen (and Grandma Beck) in Orem for a few minutes on the way down. We set up the tent and put things inside and went to dinner. It was nice because we just had to bring a dessert for dinner and that's it for meals! I don't think I would have gone if I needed to do the meals too.

I forgot to take any pictures Friday night, the kids had a ball, I got to play a real card game with adults. They were all so exhausted that Jonathan came begging to go to bed. Once I separated them, they all were asleep within a few minutes. Jonathan's still learning how to sleep in a sleeping bag. He kept getting out and couldn't figure out how to get back in. We'll have to work on that one. They all slept pretty well that night. Here's some pictures of them waking up.
Amanda didn't actually sleep like this, her bag is on the floor by her feet.
Daniel didn't want to get up yet.
After breakfast, the older two played a little volleyball. I don't think Daniel had ever played before but they both did fairly well.
Christina and Daniel with the Bishop (yellow shirt) playing volleyball.
Amanda and her friend Addica had fun playing together.
Samantha is such a happy girl! Jonathan was off at the play ground having fun.
Playing more volleyball.
The fish hatchery was right next door so we went there for a few minutes. The kids didn't really want to go but then I couldn't get them to leave! They had so much fun looking at the fish. Samantha had fallen asleep in the few minute drive so I carried her through the hatchery. She's so easy to move while she's asleep still.


2 comments:

wylie said...

I am so so impressed you took them camping AND set up a tent. You need a gold star girl!

Leah said...

First, I have to say that I think you a very brave woman to take all the kidos camping alone (a very good kind of brave not the crazy kind).
Second, I wish our ward would have a campout like that. Maybe then I could be brave enough to camp with the kids too.

Sounds like a lot of fun! Yeah for you!