Well, we found out yesterday that we had to buy Clay's ticket to come home. :( We have been asking for quite a while now and have been told the army did it. So yesterday I spent a lot of time on the computer, finally calling Southwest who gave us a decent price with a military discount for a ticket for him (half of what I found on the internet). Less than 24 hours and he'll be on a plane headed home.
I'm excited and nervous. We've all changed during this separation. Hopefully we will be able to adjust okay. The kids have been having fun counting down. Jonathan was telling everyone today that there is one more day until his daddy comes home.
I made a sign today after we ran some errands. Samantha decided to help and walked across part of it but I think it will still look okay.
Daniel's had a cold for a while now and decided to share it with me. I'm feeling kind of icky with a head cold. I don't have time for being sick right now.
Clay's flight gets in tomorrow at 6 pm. YEAH!!! Then we'll come back and drop off Daniel for cub scouts and go watch Christina play volleyball with the Young Women. Nothing like jumping back into family life. The next morning he has to report to the recruiting office and find out what he needs to do for the home town recruiting.
Our plans now are to have a roof ripping party this weekend for the back half of the roof in preparation for the roofers to install the new roof on Monday. Then pack and clean. We'll baptize Daniel on Saturday, October 10th at 10 am (you're all invited--sorry it's not a formal invitation). That afternoon, we'll finish loading the truck and then we'll leave Utah on Monday, October 12th.
We've had a few showings of the house, but no offers yet. I pray this house will sell quickly so we don't have to worry about it.
3 comments:
Yeah! and good luck!
Oh my goodness, that is SO EXCITING! YOU DID IT! I'm so glad that you'll be able to be together again! :)
I woke up this morning and one of my first thoughts was, "Yea!!! It's Thursday...Clay is coming home!"
I am so happy for your family.
Post a Comment