Thursday, January 14, 2010

One more day....

I know we've only been back to school for a couple of weeks now but I'm so ready for a break. It's been hard getting us all back on a schedule. I've been really out of it and mostly in "survival" mode the last couple of months so the house has only had the bare minimal done.

Since we got back, I got the tree put down as well as the other Christmas decorations (thankfully Clay was able to help get the big boxes back. It feels good to get things cleaned out a bit. I've been trying to catch up on mending, switching out the kids outgrown clothes (a never ending project in our house), and trying to catch up on cleaning.

Jonathan had a hard time this week when Samantha had the EIC people come by. He ended up pumping half of my extra bottle of face cleaner all over the carpet in our bedroom during two episodes that day and spilled bubbles on our bed. I guess I need to find the child locks and put one on the outside of our bedroom door. He won't stay out otherwise. I can't believe how mischievous he has been lately. Yesterday he cut open a package of "magic solution" for Daniel's magic rocks he got for Christmas. It was put back on the counter and I had run up to put Samantha down for a nap. I came down and found him with the stool we got the kids for Christmas and scissors cutting the bag open. I was a little nervous with all the warnings all over the package. We cleaned it up and then I sent him up to bed. He actually took a nap yesterday. Seems like forever since that happened.

Amanda's been having fun lately too. The day we got back from our trip, we left Christina to babysit while Clay and I ran to the store for milk, etc. We were only gone about an hour. I came home to find a HUGE chunk of hair in the garbage in the main floor bathroom. At least she tried to clean it up but Christina was oblivious that it even happened. I haven't even attempted to try to cut it to try to fix it but I'm sure I will after a bit.

The kids and Clay have tomorrow off and Monday. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting caught up on a few other projects that I've put off for way too long.

No comments: