Yesterday morning, Christina tells me that she found that someone had colored in marker on her bed and carpet. I went in to also find it all over the play tent that the kids had set up in her room. Expo marker and no, I didn't take pictures.
Luckily, a friend had posted how she got expo marker out of her couch so I gave it a try. I used rubbing alcohol and was surprised how well it came out of the carpet. I still need to go back and use a little oxyclean to finish the job but it looks pretty good now. Didn't do so well on the play tent or the bedspread but at least we hopefully won't have to pay to replace the carpet in that room.
So after a lovely morning, the kids left for school and I went for a drive with the two younger ones. I decided that sometimes that's the best way to change things up. Strap the kids in the car and just drive while I calm down. We drove 40 minutes to get to the closest fabric store. Not my favorite, but it was nice to be in one again. I just picked up some fabric to make Clay some new karate pants.
We stopped by Target on the way home and I was so excited to find some bedding for 75% off! I picked up a new bedspread for $6.24. I spent under $30 and came out with 2 bedspreads, a bed skirt, new sheets, and an accent pillow. We have been looking at bedspreads for a while since I had to sew closed a hole that the kids had created from grabbing and pulling themselves up on to the bed. I just hadn't found one that we both liked that wasn't super pricey. I actually like the one I got for so cheap and like the price even better. I love it when I find deals like that. It helps me to remember that He helps in even what some may consider the silliest things.
This morning I found that Jonathan had also found Christina's school scissors and done some fancy cutting in his pillowcase. When I told Clay about it, he said there's a hole in the fitted sheet on his bed as well that he noticed last night when he was reading to him. Sure enough, a good sized one too. At the rate we're going, we'll have less to move when it's time to do that again.
Please turn 4 soon Jonathan. Mommy's done with the threes.
It's quiet. I better go find him.
3 comments:
I could of sworn I was reading about Noah! I totally agree three is so much worse!!
Oh dear!!! I have contemplated the thought of putting a bell around my kids pants. Then I could tell where they were.
Sometimes I would like to skip straight to 4's. I always wonder what kind of creative thoughts they are having when they are up to such mischif.
Post a Comment