The drive was supposed to take about 14 1/2 hours. Actually took 17 hours including all the stops. We left Sunday morning just before 6 am and got to Clay's sister's house about midnight (an hour time difference in there). The kids actually did really well for the first 12 hours or so. By the end, when we stopped and all got out, Samantha DID NOT want to get back into the car. I can't say I blame her.
We spent most of our time there with family and relaxing. Nice to get a break. We just got back yesterday. We left after church on Sunday and drove to Barksdale AFB, just outside of Shreveport, LA to spend the night, finishing the drive yesterday. Nice to be home.
We also are letting the cat out of the bag now. We had another little surprise happen to our family. We've got a little one coming to join our family next summer. We like to make thing interesting. :) I'm due sometime in July. Here's a little picture of our little one.
So our life is up in the air again. We're not sure what the army's going to do with us now as far as moving. We're waiting to hear about interviews for DO school. Needless to say, I'm a little anxious about everything. I know this is what the Lord wants us to do right now. I'm trying to be patient and wait for the pieces to fall into place so I can see a better picture of our new life.
Some days it gets a little hard to stay focused and not get caught up in the details. I still have no idea how we're going to get another vehicle since ours only seats 7. Maybe we'll just drive 2 cars for a while and no long trips.
I've been having some interesting dreams. Going into labor while moving, driving myself to the hospital, going into labor while driving during the move. This ought to be really interesting.
I'm grateful for my faith that I know this is what He wants us to do and somehow all the pieces will work out.
3 comments:
YEAH for you guys!!!! Oh how I love babies!!! Nothing can bring more joy into a family than a baby to snuggle and take care of. Aren't families just wonderful. I couldn't be happier for you guys :)
Congratulations!!!! Wow you really know how to live an exciting life ;-)
We'll be praying for you, I'm sure you won't go into labor while driving.
Congratulations! And I'd go ahead and trust your instincts. It's a really long story, but it appears that I was supposed to feel what I felt. Weird, though.
I hear you about the long drive! We can barely handle ours and it isn't as long. I'm glad you all survived.
Post a Comment