Sure enough, 4 of the 5 kids came back with a positive result on the rapid strep test. Daniel's rapid test didn't come back positive but given the circumstances, the doctor thought it was best to get him started on amoxicillin too. She'll call us on Saturday if his other strep test still comes back negative and he can stop the medication.
It reminded me of when all or most of us had strep as kids and all lining up to get tested. I think I can still remember hiding under the table. I'm pretty sure there were shots involved too.
Times like this I am so grateful for the insurance the army provides, especially the no copay part now that we're on post.
1 comment:
Oh man...that is rough! Hang in there. I know I have told you this before but I feel bonded to you in part because of our sickly children. I always know that you perfectly understand how I feel (and not everyone does). I just got back from the doctor with Holly...it had been a whole week since I had been there last with Julia. Sigh...this too shall pass.
Post a Comment