Yesterday we had Amanda's birthday party with her friends. I don't know why I get so stressed out with such things. I'm sure being pregnant and dealing with all the emotions didn't help.
We had an ice cream party so I made ice cream cone cupcakes. It was interesting that the moms who came hadn't ever seen anything like it. Our kids were pretty impressed too. I guess it's been a while since we've done it. For those of you who haven't seen this done, you just mix up a cake mix and pour it into the cones, about 1/2-1/4 of an inch from the top. I put them in a muffin tin (one in each hole) and then bake for about the same time as cupcakes. I then piped the frosting on using a big tip to make it look like ice cream.
Last week, I had an appointment to have Amanda evaluated for ADHD. I have to admit I have had some people question if she had it so I needed to do it for school. The guy we saw said if she does have it, she has it very mildly. It may get worse in 1-3rd grades so we'll keep an eye on it. She's getting behind in her school work and I'm a little concerned about that. Every child is just so different. I've also questioned pulling her out and home schooling her so that she can have consistency in home and school but I'm not sure that I am able to do the best job for her either.
Tomorrow we head to Temple, about 45 minutes away, to see an ENT for Samantha. It's going to be a very long day I think. They'll test her hearing first and then we'll see what the doctor has to say. We just need to make sure that she has no hearing loss that might be adding to her not speaking. I really don't anticipate them finding any but we need to rule it out and see what the doctor says. The program she is in now is from birth to 3 so if we stay here, we'll have to find another option to continue to help her.
Decisions never end.
No comments:
Post a Comment