Friday, February 19, 2010

It's a.....

Well, the ultrasound went great yesterday. They were actually using the earlier due date to schedule so the tech told me before she started that I would have to come back. The baby was actually somewhat cooperative and we almost saw everything.

The baby was facing my back so we couldn't get any front face pictures, only profiles. It also kept one hand up by the face so they couldn't count all the fingers on the hand. Other than that, the baby looks great. We were able to see all the chambers and valves of the heart which made me happy. I have another friend who recently lost a baby to heart issues so I think I was more sensitive about that.

When we came home we showed the other kids all the pictures and I pointed out the following picture and told them that we could tell if it was a boy or girl in the picture. 3 of the 4 who could talk got it right. Amanda later changed her mind, but she did guess right the first time. Christina got it wrong.
Yep, it's a boy. I have to admit up until the last couple of days, I was pretty sure it was a girl. Good thing I hadn't bought any of the stuff we need yet, it would have all been pink. So, now we're working on names. It's fun to hear the kids suggestions:

Jonathan wants to call him "Jonathan"
Daniel wants to call him "Dan"
Amanda wants to call him "Marshall" (I'm still trying to figure where this is from)


He showed us his gender almost immediately and kept flashing us throughout the ultrasound. Here's a few more pictures too.

4 comments:

Momma Twitch said...

EXCITING! Congrats!

Belkycita said...

Congratulations!! you are so good at making your family even :-)

Good luck with the rest of the tests.

Lori Lou said...

Wow, congratulations!! You are amazing!

Melissa said...

Congratulations! I love the picture of the foot.