Wednesday, February 24, 2010

SNOW DAY!

I still think I'm kind of in shock. Yesterday we got dumped on with snow. It was so funny to listen to the kids talk about how it looked like "Utah" snow. Too funny. Too bad it was about 2 months too late but we'll still take it.

The night before, Christina was really sick so Clay checked her over. Perfect case of strep throat. So I knew that I needed to get her to the doctor yesterday. When Amanda woke up, she said her throat her too. I really thought she just didn't want to go to school but I figured I'd take them both in to the doctor just to be sure. I called and got the appointments, sent Daniel out the door to school and then loaded the other 4 kids in the car just as the snow was starting to come down pretty good. Big flakes. Perfect snow.

I was able to get both girls in and sure enough, both had strep. I couldn't believe how different their symptoms were. Amanda was still eating pretty well and running around but Christina acted like she was going to die, I knew she didn't feel well. We got their medication just as we heard that our school district was closing. I have to chuckle because this type of storm in Utah wouldn't be anything (3-6 inches) but NO ONE knows how to drive in the snow here.

So we stopped by the school to pick up Daniel and then came home. Clay even got to come home early. I was so grateful. I felt like we lost our Saturday because it seemed like it took almost all day to buy our Suburban since it was just over an hour each way. Nice to have a break and just be a family with no where to go for a change.

We let Christina and Amanda stay inside and rest while we went out in the snow for a while (I didn't make it as long as the rest of them). The boys and Samantha had a ball making 3 snowmen with Daddy. Here's pictures from the building the first one.
I love the joy on his face, even though his eyes are covered.Samantha LOVED the snow. She wasn't very happy when Dad brought her inside. She could have stayed out there forever!

The first of 3 with the snowman builders. It was fun to watch even Samantha work together on it.
Then this started, and I headed inside.
They had a 2 hour late start today so it was nice to sleep in. Monday night Clay didn't get home from work until after 8 pm so we missed Family Home Evening. We were also able to have a good Family Home Evening last night as we weren't so rushed getting everyone to bed. I really wish we didn't have to have the younger kids in bed by 7 pm for school. It makes it hard to feel like we have much family time when Dad usually doesn't get home until 6ish.

No comments: