Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ENT

Monday we drove to Temple to see an audiologist, and ENT specialist for Samantha. She doesn't appear to have any hearing issues, although she didn't want them to do all the tests either.

The ENT says there is a little fluid behind her right ear but not enough to worry about putting tubes in at this point. He suggested that we have her sedated to finish performing all the tests they want to do. The audiologist told us that she would suggest that only if the ENT suggested putting tubes in and was going to put her out anyway.

So, I don't think we're going to do the tests right now. We'll keep watching her but I think she'll talk when she's ready. I have noticed that she'll talk to some people more than others. Christina can get her to say words she won't say for me. Speaking will come.

I'm going to finally master patience some day. :)

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Let me know how when you figure that out. I think that is the biggest lesson we get to learn as moms.

Good luck with everything!