Sunday, March 14, 2010

Visitors! Part 2

Even after not getting in bed until 11 pm Saturday night, we were able to get us all up and bathed Sunday morning and made it to church on time at 9 am. I guess feeding those who needed to eat granola bars helped, not that I'll make that a regular practice. I also knew that they feed the soldiers donuts every Sunday after church so they wouldn't be hungry for long.

We went to the branch that Clay went to during AIT. We were surprised that our kids weren't the only ones there. It was good to see some of the Branch Presidency and others that I had met when I attended church there a couple of times with Clay over the summer. They are some amazing people.

We spent the rest of Sunday and Monday checking out the sights of San Antonio. Sunday we walked around downtown for over 3 hours. We went to the Buckhorn Saloon where they have some really cool heads of different animals on the wall. Jonathan was really nervous at first but then he was loving the variety.

They even had an old player piano that the kids all loved dancing to.
The elephant and other heads. Just like going to the zoo.
We also went to the Alamo where they were doing reenactments that weekend since it was the Anniversary of the final siege on the Alamo. Here are the kids with Santa Anna (the leader of the Mexican army).
Here are all the kids with Grandma and Grandpa. It was lightly raining but that helped with the crowds being smaller. It was really neat to actually spend some time there. I was really surprised at how much the kids got out of it and understood. Jonathan was fascinated with the cannons they were shooting off.
Daniel and Grandma at the gardens behind the Alamo. Spring is definitely here. The flowers were beautiful. Samantha likes to push the stroller more than ride in it some days.
We also drove up to see the temple and show Grandpa and Grandma the big boots at the mall. It was hard to say goodbye but we all really enjoyed the break and spending time having fun as a family.

No comments: