A few days ago was the one year anniversary of Clay joining the army and leaving for training. I can't believe he's been home almost as long as he's been gone. I spent most of the day on the 18th reflecting on how much our lives have changed since then and how it felt to watch him leave. The next day was much better as I was able to actually enjoy time with him as he had it off.
We're still struggling whether or not this is the right choice for our family. I knew that army life would be hard but there were parts of it that I didn't understand how hard it would be. We're still at a cross roads trying to figure out which path to take from here for the future. I have to admit that growing up, it seemed like adults all knew what they were supposed to do in their lives. I really wish that we had a clearer path before us. I wish walking a step at a time were a little easier for me. I wish that I had the patience that I'm still trying to learn. I'm sure that's part of the reason I've been blessed with 6 children. They definitely are helping me to learn patience, just a different kind.
When Clay had to leave on Saturday morning for field training that he was told about late Wednesday night, it was easier to say goodbye because it's only for a few days. I kept us all busy yesterday and we were able to get some cleaning projects done and have fun. We stayed inside all day as it was cold and wet outside. I've been worrying about Clay being warm enough. Not the best camping weather in my opinion. I got to talk to him for a few minutes this morning and he has a cold now but hopefully should get tomorrow off after they get back so he can get some rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment