They had the Galapagos Turtles that Samantha loved and didn't want to leave.
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Zoo
For spring break (the week of Samantha's birthday), Clay got Thursday and Friday off before he had to head back to work on Saturday so we decided to take the kids to the zoo in Waco. I have to admit it's one of the best zoos I've taken our kids too. For our size of family, if we go more than twice during a year, the membership pays for itself. Wish it were a little closer, but we'll take a descent zoo. Personally, we think it's better than Hoogle Zoo in Salt Lake (and cheaper).
They had the Galapagos Turtles that Samantha loved and didn't want to leave.
They also had this really cool otter exhibit that had a slide for the kids that went through and under the water that the otters were in. All the kids loved this one. Very creative, a water slide and you don't get wet!
Samantha loved the big bison as well. Jonathan and Amanda thought that it was great too. I really felt like Samantha loved the zoo so much and it was fun to listen to her work on her vocabulary as she tried to mimic the words I was saying. We need to go back soon.
Christina and Jonathan in a tepee. The other kids didn't want to hold still long enough for the picture.
Over by the orangutan exhibit, they had ropes and other toys like the orangutan played on so here are a few of our monkeys--all but Jonathan are in this picture.
They also had a komono dragon (and a statue to sit on). While I was trying to get all of our kids on for a picture, I had to do a double take and actually count the number of children. We had a little girl who decided to join our kids for the picture that we politely had to remove to get this shot. It caught me a little off guard but I guess I better get used to counting to six. And my children will all love the faces they are pulling in this picture. Just for you kids.
We all had so much fun at the Cameron Park Zoo and can't wait to go back. If you're ever in the area, it's worth the trip!
They had the Galapagos Turtles that Samantha loved and didn't want to leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment