We started a program with the boys to encourage them to cooperate. We had a picture of a fishing pole surrounded by circles. About every 5 circles, was a big circle where they received an instant award/motivation such as wii time. Every time they were caught cooperating, they would put a sticker on one of the circles. When all the circles were filled, we could go fishing as a family. They made it!
September 25th, we headed out to check out one of the fishing places at Fort Hood.
Clay, Jonathan, Christina, and Samantha. Daniel, Amanda, and Clay getting the fishing gear ready. Samantha was ready with the net. Samantha's favorite thing to do, buckling Ethan's seat. I've gotten pretty good at unbuckling it one handed. Christina and Amanda. Daniel fishing. Amanda playing in the water. Samantha, Ethan and I (with Amanda and Jonathan in the background) watching everyone fish. Jonathan loved using his fishing pole he got for his birthday. Ethan wasn't so enthralled with fishing. Naps are more important at this age. The boys all showing their own style of fishing. So we didn't catch any fish. The kids were kind of disappointed but I didn't mind. I'm not a catfish fan. It's not about the fishing anyway, it's about spending time as a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment