Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sunrises and projects

October 16th marked one year since we arrived at Fort Hood. Time flies fast.

There was the most beautiful sunrise one morning last week as the kids left for school. It was nice to be reminded of new beginnings and starting a new day fresh and full of promise.
I've been trying to get some projects done lately, therefore lack of blogging as projects seem to take a bit longer these days. Yesterday I got one finally finished!

I made a Family Home Evening board years ago when Jonathan was a baby and have been meaning to make another one for our larger family. About a month ago they had a Relief Society meeting where this was one of the projects they discussed so I finally got motivated to making the one I wanted. I found a friend with a Cricuit machine and let her have my old board in exchange for helping me cut the letters for a new board.I love the way it turned out. Nice to get us all on board again.

I've also been working on sewing trick or treat bags for the kids. I've got 4 done so far. I'll have to post pictures when their done.

We've also been working together on recovering our chairs for the kitchen and we're halfway through those as well.

Friday Samantha figured out how to climb out of the crib. All by herself. With the sides all up. Time for a toddler bed. We had someone give us a toddler bed since I sold ours in Utah before we moved. Now we need to touch it up with paint one of these days when it's not raining and the humidity isn't as high so I can transition her to it. I need to stay busy with projects these days, just trying to keep it under control so I'm not in too deep. Thus, no sewing costumes this year.

Her speech is improving so much lately too which is quite a blessing. Hopefully it will continue to improve.

The elections at Christina's school were held at she got second place. So if the President falls behind in any of her classes, Christina will take over as Student Body President. I'm proud of Christina for trying.

Amanda also got moved to another classroom this past week after I expressed some concerns to the office. Her teacher had lost her at recess one day and I was concerned about how the situation was handled. Her new teacher is Ms. Gomez and the new classroom situation seems to be working better so far.

No comments: