Monday, October 4, 2010

Parent Teacher Conferences

On September 24, we had parent teacher conferences. We started with Daniel.

I love it when a teacher says, "I don't know what you're teaching him at home but he stays focused and gets his work done." Yes, something's working!!! Daniel is doing great in school and has a great teacher this year, Mrs. Leuvano.

Amanda is doing well academically. The teacher has a hard time with her strong, independent will so I gave the teacher some ideas to use. Hopefully it will help. Amanda loves to read and the teacher is getting very impressed on how quickly Amanda learns things.

Jonathan was last at the elementary school. He's a great help to his teacher. She asked where he went to school last year and was shocked when I told her that he was home with me last year. He's apparently made up actions to the sounds of each of the letters and is enjoying teaching those to the teacher and the class. He LOVES science and is doing incredibly well. I'm afraid he might be reading before too long. Hopefully he won't get bored in school. I don't want to push him.

After dinner, Christina, Ethan, and I headed off to the junior high. Christina is taking pre-AP classes and out of the 7 classes, 4 have 100%. The teacher told me she's the prefect student and hopes all of her siblings are as smart as she is. She's such a great daughter and we're so proud of her.

No comments: