Monday, February 7, 2011

Fun

Well, I recently posted about my struggles to have fun. Yesterday, (Sunday), after Stake Conference we got invited to go out and see the property some friend's of ours had bought. They have gutted the house there and are working on cleaning up TONS of trash (I think they said they've hauled away 7 tons so far). The kids had fun chasing the Guinea hens and exploring in the 5 acres and it was nice for me to have another adult to talk to for a bit.

The kids had so much fun that they fell a few times and got some scratches. Luckily I try to keep a supply of bandaids and whatnot in the car for "emergency" purposes. I kept sending kids to get bandaids. Jonathan decided to take matters into his own hands (I think anyway) and came back looking like this.
And yes, his teacher asked what happened to him when I picked him up from school today. He does have a few scratches on his face but they don't need bandaids anymore. I can only image what they would have thought if I let him go to school looking like this.

Amanda stayed home today because she wasn't feeling well. She's been complaining on and off since Saturday that it burns when she goes potty so I took her in today. Yep, UTI so she got the day off of school because she had a slight fever. Despite sending 2 1/2 hours at the doctor's this morning, the day went pretty well. Maybe it was because I let the little girls watch a movie while Ethan slept and I got to pull out my new toy from Christmas finally.

Samantha had fallen asleep on the drive home from the doctor's so I carried her in, took her shoes off and took her up to her bed. I went in my room for a bit and heard a noise. She apparently got up, took her coat off, threw it out in the hallway, closed the door, and went back to bed. Sorry I didn't take your coat off. She heard her uncle's voice when I was skyping with him so she got out to see who she was missing and didn't want to go back to bed. So movie time it was.

It was fun to get my creative juices trickling and I came up with a fun idea for FHE. After we picked the kids up from school, I was able to separate the kids to get homework done relatively quickly today, feed the baby, and warm up leftovers for dinner (we all seem to have lost our appetites BUT there are less meals to fix now). When Christina got home, us girls had fun playing with the cricut for a bit while I did some stuff for FHE and just for fun.

After dinner, we had a really good FHE, if I do say so myself. It's nice when I feel like we have a lesson/activity where all the kids participate and have fun. We had a good pre-Valentine's lesson and a fun activity for us all to work on this week. I love it when things pull together like that and the kids all have fun. Makes it fun for mom too.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a great couple of days! Way to go mom! It's nice to have a few nice days. They keep you going. Love the band-aids!

J&S said...

I keep laughing when I look at the band-aids picture. You guys are welcome over any time!