I finished and filed our taxes today. Now just to wait for the return to come and then pay off the van and my student loans finally. What a relief to not have any car payments again.
I also was able to get a few other odds and ends done that needed to get done. But most importantly, I played with my kids some today and read to them. And got a 10 minute nap.
My visiting teachers called yesterday to ask if they could bring dinner tonight. And I said yes. I really don't like asking for help or even accepting when offered but I'm learning to be grateful and let people help. My visiting teachers were even so wonderful to come back after dropping off dinner and picked up Christina for Young Women's tonight so I wouldn't have to take all the kids out in the cold just to go drop her off. I am so grateful to have visiting teachers again. It's nice to have good dedicated ones as well.
They even offered to watch the other kids later in the month so I can go to New Beginnings at Young Women's with Christina and no little ones in tow. They didn't realize Clay was gone until they came to visit Sunday night. Home teachers would be nice to have someday too but I'm grateful to have visiting teachers that are willing and able to help. Clay told me that they had discussed in Bishopric meeting changes that are coming with the visiting teaching and home teaching program so we'll see how they affect us.
Christina also had a missionary opportunity in her history class today. The teacher asked if anyone knew who Brigham Young was. Christina was the only one who knew and the teacher told everyone that Brigham Young will be on the upcoming statewide test and the whole class needed to know who he was. The teacher then started explaining what she understood about the Mormons.
Christina raised her hand and told her class she was Mormon and that we can eat chocolate, explained the reasoning of plural marriage (not just for sex), and that we don't practice plural marriage anymore. She also got to have a discussion with a fellow classmate at lunch (who is the only Methodist at the school as a far as the classmate knows) about religion and what they believed. Tonight at Young Women's, Christina picked up a copy of the Articles of Faith to share with her teacher.
2 weeks down. Wish I knew how many to go.......
2 comments:
Wow - what an awesome experience for Christina!!
I am glad you have some great visiting teachers. It makes such a big difference at a time like this. Sounds like you are doing a little better today. I am sure there will be lots of ups and downs.
I bet you are proud of Christina. What a great opportunity to practice all the things you have been teaching her for so many years. Good for her for speaking up.
Post a Comment