Wednesday, February 9, 2011

No school!

School was first delayed and then cancelled today. We WERE supposed to have a huge ice/snow storm. I did see a few flurries and it is really chilly outside. So I was lazy and actually took the time and talked to Clay this morning while the kids enjoyed movies. I didn't take a shower until afternoon. I don't know when the last time was I did that. I'm the type that has to get up and get a shower and get going.

Nice to have another day off but I'm worried we may lose the President's Day Holiday now. We'll see.

Today someone is out practicing shooting tanks. I really don't like the booming sound they make. Especially right now. Makes me think about what the people in Iraq and other places have to listen to for real. It's not just practice shooting over there. UGH!

Clay is on QRF (Quick Reactionary Force). They're the first one out for any situation. They've been out a few times. Most recently he was the lucky one who found a roll of copper wire and detonator even though many others walked right past it. Special OPS was able to get the 3 men who were working in the field as well as much more "parts." I guess I'm grateful Clay was there to help stop the guys but I still wish he were here instead.

Jonathan had another "episode" with his head today. Not nearly as bad as the others--no throwing up this time. I'm pretty sure they're migranes. He actually fell asleep this afternoon and took a nap. Bedtime is always fun when naps happen at this age. But it did seem to help him feel much better.

Time to go finish cooking dinner and get the kids to the church tonight. They're watching "White Christmas" right now. Love the good old movies and glad they do too.

No comments: