Made it through another week of appointments.
Christina has no cavities, 2 passed their eye exams with not needing glasses at this time but we'll watch Jonathan to see if he might as he gets older since he's starting to show signs of a weaker eye (my lazy eyes are unfortunately being passed on). Picked up glasses for the newest one in glasses and Daniel's new glasses too. They're pretty excited about it.
When I took Amanda in to the doctor this week, the doctor told me I did her a favor by stepping on her toe and making the old one fall off so the new one will grow quicker. Didn't feel like a favor. :( Anyway, the x-rays look good, in fact there's no sign of the broken bone other than it's flatter than the other toes. 2 more weeks in her cast shoe and then we can lose it! She's still keep it bandaged for a while until the new nail grows in better as it will be pretty tender still. Good thing it's summer and she can show off her toes in sandals. School would have been difficult, especially PE.
I'm teaching young women's again this week to make up for the time I should miss while I'm gone on our little adventure. It's on eternal perspective. A little reminder I needed this week anyway.
Tuesday night I got messages that our tenant had been arrested. So I stayed up until 1:30 am looking up the laws and such to see about evicting him. Got about 3 hours of sleep. Not a fun day the next day. This momma needs more sleep than that to deal with 6 kids. Christina did let me lie down later and I got another 30 minutes or so. (Did I mention how grateful I am for her?!?!?!?!) It ended up not being completely true, so he's still there but much more stress than I really need. I don't mind being a landlord when there's no problems but nights and days like that sure make me want to sell it. I wish the market would turn around. I think I've figured we've lost about $40,000 in equity. YIKES.
On top of everything, I needed a little change of pace so I actually sewed myself something this week (I haven't done that in a long time). Feels good but it's a little different from my usual style so I'm still deciding if I like it or not. We'll see, if not, it cost $5 to make.
He'll be home in about 2 months!!!!! YEA!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment