We had gone out to visit with the neighbors and let the kids play in the sprinklers and I had Amanda sit next to me. When we got up and got ready to go in, I had sent Amanda in but she was still behind me, I backed up and stepped on something and immediately knew what had happened.
Sure enough, I had stepped on her toe and the nail came off. She didn't cry or scream at all. I'm hoping that's a good sign the toe is healed well and I didn't make that worse too.
We go in today to have x-rays again and make sure the toe is healed. Good timing.
I've been busy trying to get to all the dental, optical, and other medical appointments for the kids. 2 dental appointments done (1 more later this week) with no cavities! YEA! Jonathan's thyroid test must have come back fine because the doctor didn't call. 4 kids optical exams and we now will have 2 in glasses with another probably in a year or so. Fun all the way around. The child who will now start wearing glasses is excited to show them off in person to family. Since I don't think any of my immediate family reads this, you all will get to find out earlier than they will as I'll post a picture when the glasses come in.
The child was certain they needed glasses (and I had a feeling too but didn't want to admit it). I'm feeling guilty for not getting them in sooner.
And I'm getting excited because we're headed off on a "little" road trip that I hope we can all survive very soon. My goals for the trip: See all of my siblings, nieces, and nephews on my side, get to the temple for at least 1 session, see friends and family I haven't seen in a very long time and get some much needed bucket filling.
I'm kind of nervous about the trip. Who knows how many will decide after seeing us that I'm really crazy. Nervous about how my kids will do, nervous about the drive, nervous about imposing on people. I have to admit one of the things I struggle with the most about temporarily being a single parent is the frustration that my kid's actions reflect on me and my parenting ability. It's difficult to meet all their needs, to follow them all around constantly to help them make better choices. I really am trying to do the best I can. My kids are still learning to be better kids and I'm still learning how to be a better mom. I hope people are understanding of this.
There are many times lately that I feel like there are angels over me with something under my chin, helping me to hold it up. I'm grateful for these angels so everyone doesn't see all the inner struggles.
1 comment:
OUCH!! poor little girl!!! and poor little you, I can't believe your luck. Oh well, it is what it is and there isn't anything you can do about it now, is there?
I can understand how you feel, it has to be so hard. Kids always behave differently when they are surrounded by others than their immediate family. I say, the ones that know you and love you cannot judge you, and if they do, it is them who should worry,because we are taught not to judge others. Instead we should help and be kind.
You will need a lot of help and kindness to take on sucha trip.
Are you going to UT? I'll be there on Sunday night!!! maybe we get to see you. I'll be there for about am onth and half, except for two weeks that I travel to SEattle.
Good luck! we're still praying for you.
Post a Comment