Monday, June 27, 2011

Seven Staffords on a Sightseeing Sibling Safari

So our "safari" is going pretty well, with a few glitches.

Kids have done really pretty well in the car.  Towards the end of the first day of driving, one of them decided to do something that equaled, pulling over and letting them walk for a bit on the side of the road while I traveled behind with the others.  It was luckily a smaller road with little traffic.  The kids know now that mom's serious about doing such things.  I really thought that it made a good impact on him until the end of day 2 when the same child did the same thing again.  This time, the road was a little busier so I had to pull over and find a parking lot that he walked several laps in. 

Almost ran out of gas on day 2.  Nice way to teach the kids the power of prayer.  Now Christina helps to keep an eye on the gas gauge.  :)  Tank pulled us through. 

As we started heading into mountains, cruise control decided to stop working for a minute, pulled over, turned car off, restarted and didn't have another problem with it.

On day 4, Tank (our Suburban) decided he didn't want to start.  Pumping the gas a little got him to start.  Made it to first errand, did the same thing.  So I decided to find an auto parts store.  Battery dead.  Replaced battery, working great now.  So grateful it happened on a Saturday, in a town where we could get help (instead of the Wyoming stretches of nothingness), and they gave a military discount. 

Enjoying our last day today with Sibling #1 and cousins.  Headed out tomorrow to see grandparent's new house in WY.  More adventures await, I'm sure.  After the stretch tomorrow, we'll have smaller stretches of driving until we start heading home again.

No comments: