Thursday, June 30, 2011

Christina's Birthday

June 29th was Christina's 14th birthday.  How did that happen?  Am I really old enough to have a 14 year old.  YIKES!!!

We drove up (or rather over) on June 28th to my parent's new home in Cokeville, WY.  This is the first time we've seen it and it was a little bit of a long drive again for the kids from my sister's house in Colorado.  The kids actually did really well but we got here a little later than I was hoping with only a little scare of hitting deer on the way here.  I really didn't want to travel on any of my kid's birthdays that we're celebrating on this trip.

Yesterday, grandma made Christina waffles for breakfast and grandpa made BBQ pork sandwiches for dinner.  Christina worked with grandma and made a cake and frosting from scratch (not a recipe we're keeping) trying to use what grandma had in the house since Cokeville has one little store and grandma couldn't find some of the cake decorating supplies or even candles.  Her cake looked pretty unique too.  1 large candle since that's all grandma could find.

Christina's such a trooper and takes it all in stride.

I think she still thinks this is the best birthday ever since her mother got a cell phone for her to use and some games she's wanted.  She got pretty spoiled this year and is very excited about it.  She loves being able to text me now and have private conversations that no one can hear.

I keep telling everyone that she's my "Sanity Savior" because she really is.  I'm pretty sure I'd be locked up in a mental institution if it weren't for her help.  I know she's looking forward to Dad coming home almost as much as I am.  :)  She is a HUMONGOUS help to me and I really couldn't imagine my life without her.  I can't believe we only have a few short years left before she'll be off on her own.

Christina, you are such a blessing to me that I can't even put it into words.  The sign you gave me for mother's day, works in reverse too.  When I count my blessings, I count you more than twice.  :)

No comments: