Saturday, October 17, 2009

Daniel's Baptism

Saturday, October 10th, was Daniel's baptism. He turned 8 in June but we wanted to wait for Daddy to come home so he could baptize him. I have to admit, I was pretty emotional this day. I couldn't believe that this was all happening finally after dreaming about it for so long. I know it meant so much for Clay to baptize his oldest son too.
Daniel was very excited!
Daniel and his friends--Matthew and Daxton.
I really wanted to get some pictures taken of Daniel for his baptism but with everything else going on, he got just me taking a few random shots after the baptism.

This is my favorite--
Our family. Not the best backdrop but we're all there!Clay, Daniel, and I.
Clay and Daniel. I'm so proud of both of them and so grateful for having the priesthood back in our home. How grateful I am to be married to a worthy priesthood holder who could baptize our son. I think lately I've realized even more how this is becoming much less common in our society. I am so grateful for Clay and the choices he's made, especially for the examples he is setting for our children.

I am so proud of Daniel for making this choice. It was different preparing a son for baptism than a daughter and was also so different having to do it alone. I'm grateful Daniel made this choice!
My three guys in suits. Don't they look great?


2 comments:

Sister Leah Jensen said...

What a wonderful day!!!

I am SO proud of you Daniel. I don't know if you remember or not but I was your teacher when you were in nursery. You have grown into such a handsome little man. What a blessing YOU are to your family. Congratulations, and keep moving in the right direction! :)

Melissa said...

I get emotional when I think of when Heath will get to baptise Kalyn. I sob every time I watch him perform, or I recieve a Priesthood blessing. You are right--this is disappearing in our society.
To me there is nothing more romantic than watching my husband practice his Priesthood.