Friday, October 2, 2009

Packing

Clay's been home a week already, I can't believe it! Things are so crazy here right now. We're busy packing which is quite the adventure with 5 helpers. The kids are out of school yesterday, today, and next Monday so hopefully we can get a lot packed. Most of the downstairs is packed up and almost all of the books in the living room so I think we're making good progress.

Yesterday we were finally able to take Daniel out for his "growing up" dinner for lunch yesterday. It's nice to have a babysitter so accessible. This is a tradition we started with Christina where we take only the 8 year old out to dinner with Dad & Mom to a more "grown up" restaurant. It gives them a really good chance to practice manners and to give us a chance to talk to them about the responsibilities and privileges of growing up. It's such a wonderful experience. Christina was having so much fun telling everyone about when she went on her special date over 4 years ago. We had a great talk with Daniel and it's great to hear more about what's going on in their lives. I was glad he was able to be so open with us and telling us what's really been going on at school.

We've talked about expanding this to doing a special date at 12 and 16 years of age too. We'll see when we can squeeze it in with Christina. We're hoping to be able to go do baptisms for the dead with just the three of us before we move. Hopefully it will all work out. I think we might have to take her out of school early next week some time to make it happen.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. It's so hard to pack it all up. I think the reality of moving is hitting now. It's going to be so hard to say goodbye to our friends here.

No comments: