Friday, October 16, 2009

We're here!

I feel like I am so completely behind on this blog so it's going to take me a bit to catch up again.

In the past 3 weeks, Clay has come home, we've packed up all our belongings, said good-bye to friends, said good-bye to Grandma Jensen, baptized Daniel, saw our belongings leave, cleaned our house and said good-bye to it, and taken a four day car trip to get here. I can't believe all the emotions we've been through lately.

We arrived at Fort Hood last night and checked in to our temporary housing. I'll have to post more about that later but we were very pleasantly surprised by our accommodations. Hopefully we can still get into a home quickly.

Clay had to go to PT at 6 am this morning, came back to change quickly and we loaded the kids in the car to go drop him off for the day so we could try to get some things done here. We found out this morning that his unit is scheduled to be deployed next summer.

The kids did really well considering in the car but we've all reached it at the moment so while Samantha naps, we're having "quiet time." Not the usual--the kids are watching Disney Channel which has only been available at cousins' house. I'm using a few minutes to try to catch up so be ready. It's going to be quite the ride!


1 comment:

Belkycita said...

wow, best of luck!! At least you are all together now.