Grandma Jensen's funeral was Thursday, October 8th. Her funeral service was beautiful. Grandma was such an amazing person. The Sunday before, we went down to her house to spend some time with my mom. My aunt was working on her life sketch and obituary. I helped show them where her family history stuff was which included a personal history she had written many years ago. While I was looking for this, I came across a notebook where she had started some notes for her history. On one page she had written something to the effect of hoping that her children would someday forgive her for all the mistakes she had made.
At her funeral, no mistakes were mentioned. I loved hearing about how each of her children viewed such a different relationship with their mother. I guess this really hit me as I've been thinking about how different each relationship is with each of my children. I really hope they forgive me someday too.
One of the other things that stood out from the funeral was how Grandma made each move such an adventure for her kids. It's funny because that's the term I had been using to describe our move and new adventures.After the funeral, we went to Camp Williams for the burial. This is my grandfather's headstone.
Samantha was really interested in everything that day.
My sisters--Brenda and her husband Bill and Kimberly.
Her sons, sons-in-law and brothers were the pallbearers.
Her beautiful casket.
They let the kids help release some doves. It was so beautiful and the kids loved it!
Samantha's middle name comes from Grandma Jensen's maiden name which she used for her middle name once she got married. She seemed to not want to leave Grandma's side.
Bye, bye for now Grandma! I'll try my best to follow your example. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment