Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Texas Move, Day 2--ABQ, NM

Well, we finally made it to New Mexico on Tuesday and spent the night in Albuquerque. I did some research and found it was actually cheaper for our family to stay in a Residence Inn for the next 2 nights instead of getting 2 hotel rooms. We arrived again fairly late after our adventures in Mesa Falls and dinner in Cortez but it was fun. We had told the kids they could have a shake that day and hadn't made it yet so being the responsible parents we are, we found a little diner called Route 66 (on the old Route 66) and took our kids out for ice cream at 9 pm. :) Good thing we're making this a vacation.

After breakfast at the hotel on Wednesday morning, we drove over and found the temple. It was very beautiful. I have to admit New Mexico was much more beautiful than I had thought it would be. It was a beautiful drive all through the state but I never got to see a roadrunner. :(

Along the route, we stopped at Clive's Corner for a break. We got the kids all a little souvenir there and then headed for our final state--TEXAS!!!
I was a little dissapointed this was all they had as we crossed into Texas. But a little while later, I found a better sign.


1 comment:

wylie said...

I'm really enjoying the posts you have of each day of your move.